Denver Property Management
METRO DENVER PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND LEASING SERVICES
Colorado Realty and Property Management, Inc. prides itself on being one of the most progressive and professional property management firms in Colorado. We are a results-oriented company, driven by the satisfaction of our clients. We continuously strive to deliver the most comprehensive level of service possible.
Like most property management companies, we started out as a small, family owned business with -0- properties, a lot of guts and a strong work ethic. We have grown over the years because we continue to provide excellent, personal service and communication with our landlords and tenants. We currently manage several hundred properties in the Denver - Boulder and surrounding areas and our properties rent from $650 to $4,500 a month. They consist of single family homes, condos, townhomes, duplexes, triplexes and quads.
We are able to effectively managing properties in a large geographic area like this because we have the experience, efficient systems, cutting edge technology and an extensive network of staff and vendors throughout the area.
Colorado Realty and Property Management, Inc. is one of the few property management companies in the Metro Denver and Boulder area where the company founder and Managing Broker holds the prestigious MPM® designation (Master Property Manager) awarded by the National Association of Residential Property Managers®.
As active members of the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM), we subscribe to the NARPM Code of Ethics and focus on education, industry knowledge and best practices.
We are still a family owned business and a small team of 9 people, made up of friends, family, and co-workers, all of whom work daily to provide unmatched, quality services to property owners and the people who live in their properties and call them home.
If you own rental property, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you forced to keep up with the ever-changing fair housing laws and other legislation regarding tenancy, including lead-based paint and toxic mold policies?
- Are you concerned about the possibility of a tenant suing you...and winning?
- Do you have to deal with the collection of rents, late payments, and bounced checks?
- Do you dread confrontation with tenants, trying to convince them to take care of the property better or start paying their rent on time
- Do you cross your fingers, hoping that you won't have to deal with the move-out / advertising / move-in process that occurs between tenants?
- Do you struggle with the process of advertising and showing your vacant home, interviewing tenants, taking applications, and running credit and background checks?
- Do you sometimes feel that you spend all of your time collecting checks, paying vendors, and performing all of the accounting necessary on your rental?
Here is what our Denver Property Managers do for you:
- Keep on top of regional, state, and federal landlord/tenant law and legislative issues facing property owners and tenants.
- Track vacancy rates, vacancy factors, time-on- market, and rent values for the area, and effectively market your home with print and the Internet.
- Create and maintain relationships with qualified vendors, including painters, roofers, electricians, plumbers, appliance repairmen, handymen, and more.
- Provide appropriate rental applications and forms that, along with a consistent screening process, ensure the highest quality tenants while conforming to all applicable laws.
- Provide a lease agreement that covers your property well, collect and account for rents, and confront tenants to enforce the terms of the lease.
- Perform complete accounting for your property, to ensure a maximum return on your investment and optimum tax benefit.
What sets us apart from other Denver property management companies?
- Personalized, attentive service with thorough communication.
- Expert knowledge of the industry and local real estate market.
- Experience dealing with all kinds of property and tenancy issues.
- Established relationships with local services providers of all types.
Owner Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I use a professional to manage my home?
While the reasons our clients choose professional property management in Denver vary, here are some of the key reasons many people elect professional management over self-management:
- We handle maintenance and emergency repairs, allowing you to sleep at night.
- We enforce collection of rents and serve the proper notices upon failure to pay.
- We understand and apply the correct federal, state, and local laws, keeping you and your investment out of trouble.
- We know the local market, have an extensive network of contacts, and have advertising resources available to us at discounted rates. This allows us to effectively market your vacant home to prospective residents to get it filled.
- After you add up the increased rent we can often command, the discounts you'll receive on advertising, and the company rate we get on repairs, you'll often make more money than if you managed the property yourself!
Can I choose to disallow pets, smokers, large families, etc.?
We comply fully with the Fair Housing Act. This means that you can not choose to disallow anyone that is a member of a protected class under the act. You can choose to disallow pets and not permit smoking in your home, but you cannot deny a service animal. If you have additional questions on the specifics of the Fair Housing Act, please see our fair housing page.
Do you provide me with a report of activity on my property?
Yes, we will provide you a monthly report of rent and other income received, and maintenance, repairs, and other expenses incurred. This will be provided once per month. If you have questions regarding your statement, please do not hesitate to contact us.