Fence Laws in the State of Colorado
Statutes at a Glance
- Partition Fences: Colo. Rev. Stat. 35-46-112
- Partition Fences; Cost of Repairs: Colo. Rev. Stat. 35-46-113
- Tree Damages (Criminal): Colo. Rev. Stat. 18- 4-508
- For partition fences (fences between two properties), each owner is responsible for building half of the fence.
- Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, each property owner shall maintain and split repairs and maintenance costs
What is the height limit for a fence in Colorado?
I just moved into a new home and the neighbor has already built a fence. Am I financially responsible for my half?