Experienced Property Management
Our company currently manages many Thornton rental properties, in addition to several hundred properties in the greater Denver – Boulder area, with rent prices ranging from $650 to $4,500 a month. In addition to duplexes, triplexes, and quads, our extensive portfolio includes single-family homes, condos, and townhomes.
Thornton Property Management
by Colorado Realty and Property Management, Inc.
We are able to effectively manage so many properties in a large geographic area like this because we have the professional experience, cutting-edge technology, efficient systems, and a wide network of staff and vendors throughout the greater Denver – Boulder area.
In addition, Colorado Realty and Property Management, Inc., is one of the few Thornton property management companies where the company founder and Managing Broker holds the prestigious MPM® designation (Master Property Manager) awarded by the National Association of Residential Property Managers®.
As active members of the National Association of Residential Property Managers (NARPM), we subscribe to the NARPM Code of Ethics and focus on education, industry knowledge, and best practices.
THORNTON PROPERTY MANAGEMENT AND LEASING SERVICES
Not sure you need a property manager? Ask yourself these questions:
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
- Are you up to date on the ever-changing Fair Housing laws, legislation regarding Warranty of Habitability, lead based paint testing and toxic mold policies?
- Has your property been issued a current City of Thornton Rental Housing License? If not, are you aware of the penalties?
- Are you familiar with the required City of Thornton’s Smart Regs?
- Do you understand the complex nature of service, companion and emotional support animals?
- Are you concerned about the recent legalization of marijuana and how this impacts you as the Landlord and your property?
- Do you clearly understand the laws regarding security deposit dispositions and the interest due to the tenant?
- Are you concerned about the possibility of a tenant suing you…and winning? It’s happening more and more every day.
TENANTS AND COLLECTING RENT
- Do you want to deal with the collection of rents, late payments, and bounced checks?
- Do you dread confrontation with tenants? Are they maintaining the property well? Are they paying their rent on time?
ADVERTISING YOUR RENTAL
- Do you cross your fingers, hoping that you won’t have to deal with the move-out, advertising, and move-in processes that occur between tenants?
- Do you struggle with the process of advertising and showing your vacant property?
- Are you prepared to take applications, including running credit and background checks?
- Do you have reliable process for finding a qualified tenant?
- Are you frustrated with the calls and fines by the Homeowners Association or the city for something that you didn’t know about?
- Do you sometimes feel that you spend too much of your time collecting checks, paying vendors, and performing all of the accounting necessary on your rental?
What our Property Managers do for you:
- Keep on top of regional, state, and federal landlord/tenant laws and legislative issues.
- Track vacancy factors and rates, time-on-the market, and rent values for the area
- Effectively market your home with local and national Internet advertising.
- Create, screen and maintain relationships with qualified, insured vendors.
- Provide appropriate rental applications and forms that, along with our consistent screening process, ensure the highest quality tenants while conforming to all applicable laws.
- Provide and enforce the terms of the lease agreement.
- Collect and account for rents and pay vendors for work completed
- Issue year end statements with 1099s.
- Perform complete accounting for your property to ensure a maximum return on your investment and optimum tax benefit.
- Online access to your account for viewing 24 hours a day.
What sets us apart from other Thornton property management companies?
- Personalized, attentive service with thorough communication.
- Expert knowledge of the industry and local real estate market.
- Experience dealing with the multitude of property and tenancy issues that can arise.
- Established, screened relationships with local service providers of all types.
- Our Guaranteed Programs
What Our Clients Are Saying
About Thornton, CO
Thornton came into existence after F & S Construction announced plans for a $7 million, 5,000 home project outside of Denver in December of 1952. In 1953, it was announced in a Denver Post article, that Mr. Hoffman had decided that the new community was to be called Thornton in honor of then current governor Dan Thornton. 1954 brought in the first 40 families that moved into brand new, one-story brick houses constructed from the vision of builder Sam Hoffman. In 1955, voters decided against incorporation with the total tally at 548 for incorporation, 620 votes against it, with only ⅙ of the towns population voting at that time. Less than a year later, in 1956, Thornton was incorporated as a Colorado city. In 1964, the City annexed approximately 920 acres on both sides of the Valley Highway (I-25) including the Heftler Hillcrest area and land between 88th and 92nd Avenues. The City annexed property south of 88th Avenue and west of Huron Street in 1970, along with land on Colorado Boulevard from 104th to 108th Avenues and the area south of 84th Avenue and west of Interstate 25. In 2000, the city’s population is just reaching 80,000 and is 27.2 square miles in size. The population has continued to grow since.
This city’s location provides an excellent environment for cultural, recreational, and outdoor enthusiasts. Thornton offers easy access to the 28 major resort areas found in the nearby Rocky Mountains, which offers skiing, hiking, rafting, and camping, as well as beautiful and breathtaking scenic wonders, most within a two hour drive.