Here are 5 recommendations for renting out your property during the off season. Real estate generally slows down during the winter months. Since we are in an area that freezes during winter, please don’t forget to turn off the water to your sprinkler system and drain any of the outdoor water spigots.
Are you looking for tips to become a successful landlord? We provide free rental estimates. To talk to a real person click this number 970-432-3110.
1. Renting a Fort Collins property during the off season.
A few recommendations for renting your property during the off season include pricing the property well for the market conditions, don’t overprice the property. Additionally, you’ll look into doing rent specials, perhaps even offering the first month’s rent at a discounted rate to attract prospective tenants and finally offering flexible showing situations, such as letting the tenant view the property by themselves. This will decrease the amount of scheduling conflicts between you and the tenant, especially on holidays.
Algunas recomendaciones para rentar su propiedad durante la temporada baja son:
- Elija un precio competitivo y no sobrevalorar la casa.
- Ofrezca algún tipo de incentivo. Por ejemplo la mitad de descuento en el primer mes de alquiler!
- Permita que los inquilinos visiten la propiedad por sí mismos. Esto evita choques de horario entre usted y el inquilino y les facilita ver la propiedad a la hora que les convenga, especialmente en días feriados!
2. How to attract as many prospective Fort Collins tenants as possible.
You want to make sure that the property is in great condition. Tenants are always looking at carpet and paint as well as upgrades. You also want to make sure that your listing has professional like photos, and you want to make sure that you’re showing in screening process is as easy as possible.
3. Why should my rental property be unfurnished?
In our experience, we have seen that furnished properties actually decreases the number of potential prospects looking in your property. They’re just not as popular for the long-term rental market, especially in looking long-term. It’s really easy for us to re-carpet or repaint, but furniture and furnishings continue to get more and more worn year after year and less valuable.
4. Can a property manager help me get more rent for my Fort Collins property?
Property managers can help you get more rent for your rental property by suggesting ways to increase the value of the property as a rental unit without breaking the bank.
5. What benefits does a property manager provide?
A property manager is in place to represent your best interests, maximize your rental income, as well as reduce your liability. As a property management team, we are here to help you reach peace of mind and take all of the stress off of being a landlord.
For a free rental estimate fill out the form below or to talk to a real person click this number 970-432-3110.